Jul 30, 2009

The Peak of Summer

Well, we've almost made it through one of the hottest summers in Texas history and with no change expected in the coming month, we've simply adapted and made the best of things. I love picking Sara up from "school" while she tells me all about her day (painting, playground, friends, singing...) and she's just started playing directly WITH her friends instead of continuing "parallel play." That's fun to watch. Sara's favorite activity (besides talking) is singing and she'd rather sing solo, if you please. She's also "reading" her books (as she's memorized them) more often than she's letting US read them to her. I've learned to do more listening and less talking, which is a good thing to practice in general!

At 28 weeks pregnant, I am feeling my best so far. I consider the coming weeks my SECOND second trimester. All tests and measurements are looking good, nausea is only bothersome every few days, and sleeping is easier with the fortress of pillows I've built around me. This is as comfortable as it's going to get! Despite the typical third trimester woes, "nesting" is in full effect at the Neve home. As my body permits, I am clearing out closets, getting rid of unneeded items, picking out needed items and shopping consignment/garage sales for boy clothes. Even the neighborhood newsletter is finished before deadline! Of course, none of this would be possible without my supportive husband, Sara's "school" twice per week, and the lovely daytime sitter and Mother's Helper who occasionally do things with Sara that I cannot manage given this 100+ degree weather.